Have you ever wanted to make a video for a project you were working on so you could share it with your friends and family, or maybe even share your project on the internet? Today I want to talk about how to make a video for a project. I can show you some quick and simple steps you can use to get started.
Simple Steps To Make A Video
1. Make A Plan – The first step to making a good video is to take a few minutes and think about what it is you want your video to accomplish. Think about the best ways to shoot your video footage as you are working on your project. Think about what you want to say as you work on each step of your project. Think about how much lighting will be available for your project when you are videoing, think about how you are going to accomplish you project before you start videoing yourself doing your project. It could be that you will need someone to take the video for you while you work on the project.
My point is there are a lot of different variables to think about and plan for. The first step is to sit down and do some brain storming and try to think up all the variables to accomplish your project and write them down to form a plan. I’m going to give you some steps you may not have thought of and how to accomplish each of the steps as we go along.
2. Do Some Research – It’s important to do some current research on your project to bring yourself up to date on the latest technology available, new problems that people are having with the subject matter you are working with, or new uses for the project you are working on.
It’s important to be up on your topic and doing some current research will give you insight into the latest information available for your project. When you make a video for your project it’s important that you show yourself as the expert. One of the best ways to do this is by being knowledgeable of your project.
3. Create A Script – Create A Script so you know what you are going to say and how you want to say it. Have you ever noticed how one little word can completely change the way someone might look at something. This is just one of the reasons why a script is so important.
Some of my readers have expressed that they do not like scripts because it makes them feel fake and they can’t be natural on camera. I say Create a script and keep it handy. By creating a script you are giving thought to what you want to say and talk about for each phase of your project. You do not have to memorize your script but you can keep it handy as a guide.
Often times if a script is not created some of the important things get left out and you have to go back and re shoot your video to get the important stuff included in your video.
A Script will also make you look more confident in your video. Have you ever watched a video and you could clearly tell that the person in the video had no idea what they were talking about? You probably did not watch the video for very long did you? A script is a good thing. Think about what you want to say.
4. Shoot Some Live Video Clips – Now for the fun part. It’s time to shoot some live video clips of you doing your project. If you have followed the first three steps you should be ready to shoot some live video.
You should already have a plan in mind of how you want this to go. You should be comfortable in presenting your project because you have done your research and you already know what to say or talk about as you do your project on video because you have created a script in your own words.
You can set your video camera up on a tripod or you can have a friend video you or you may choose to go with a body cam of some type like a gopro. The choice is completely up to you.
Some things to think about when you shoot your live video –
1. Make sure there is enough lighting. Lighting is very important. If we can’t see you then we won’t watch the video. Turn on all the lights so we can see you. Another great way to ensure you have enough light is by shooting your project outside in the natural sunlight. Watch your camera angle so you don’t get the glare.
2. Make sure we can hear you. If you are using the microphone on the camera make sure it is close enough to you so that we can hear you. Watch out for loud background noise. Often times the background noise will be louder than the talent on camera and this is very annoying. Shoot your video in a quiet place. People will not watch a video if the audio is bad.
I recommend shooting 10-30 seconds of your video as a test run. Watch the video and make any adjustments needed before shooting the whole project.
Depending on what your project is.. It may be better to break up you project into different segments. For example you could break your project up in to Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, etc. This will also make it easier to shoot your video footage.
5. Create Your Master Video – Now that you have all of your video clips done it’s time to tie everything together into a master video. To do this you are going to need some video creation software. If you do not have a good software package I recommend using Explaindio or VideoMaker FX. Both of these software packages make it super easy to create a professional looking video.
Tie your video clips together in your video software and you can add in some background music if it’s appropriate. You can also do whats called a voice over track. This is where you provide narration along with your video clips. Voice over is a great way to get around any audio problems you may be having.
You can show the video clips and do a voice over narration to go along with your video clip. A good software package will allow you to do this with ease.
6. Save your Master Video To Your Computer – After you get your video edited just the way you want it you need to save your master video in an HD format to your computer. HD stands for High Definition. People watching a video these days really want to see High Definition videos. Your video creation software should allow you to save your video in hd.
Now that you have your master video saved on your computer it is ready to be uploaded to where ever you want to share it. A lot of people like to share their videos on YouTube or embed their video on their website. By uploading your video to YouTube you in effect have a live storage are with free hosting for your video.
You can just share your video url with any one you want to see your video, share your video url on social media, and you can embed the video html code into your website and people can watch your video on your website and your video will be hosted on YouTube so it doesn’t bog down your website.
If you want to learn more about how to upload your video to youtube, learn about video creation software, or learn how to build your own online business I will post some links below where you can read to learn more.
I hope this article was helpful to you. I have a lot of great articles here on my website that can help you with your video projects. I also have a lot of great information for those of you who are interested in learning how to start you own successful online business.
Take some time to look around and let me know if you have questions. Just post them below and I will get back to you.